- ADVANTAGES OF OWNING A LOG HOME -
- First and foremost, log and timber frame homes are environmentally friendly.
- Log Homes take less money to keep cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Log homes may be expected to perform from 2.5% to over 15% more energy efficiently compared to an identical wood-frame home.
- Log Homes are quiet. Log Homes significantly reduce noise and/or noise pollution, which are not as easily achievable in a traditional wood-frame house.
- Log Homes are safer. Log walls have a unique insulating response within the charred wood which produces a slow rate of flame spread along the wood surface. Unlike conventionally framed houses, log structures have no concealed cavities for fire to travel through, making them a "top choice for endurance and integrity in a fire.
- An appraisal of a log home can, in some cases, be up to thirty percent higher than the building costs.
- Log homes are nearly maintenance-free, for more kid proof.
- Log Homes are incredibly durable. Some European log homes still in use date back more than 800 years. A log home will benefit not only you, but many generations of your family to come.